Taking forever!!

January 7, 2015

Last week, I began quilting my Favorite Things quilt I made from the Craftsy class Twisted Irish Chain. This quilt seems like it taking forever to get the quilting finished. Partly because I am quilting this one densely so its very slow going and partly because I have been working extra hours at the shop to do inventory. Let me just say, I am so glad that it only happens once a year! 

 I have finished quilting two of the rows and have five more to go. 


Here is a close up of the dense wavy lines. I want the lines to cross and touch occasionally. 


And a view of the back...

Cannot wait to have this one finished! =)


I am participating for the first time in the Let's Bee Social linky party hosted by Lorna @ Sew Fresh Quilts. Click on the Let's Bee Social button in my sidebar for information on how you can join in, too. =)

Have a happy Wednesday!!



18 comments:

  1. Maybe taking time, but it looks really good. Hopefully you are staying warm in this deep freeze. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your backing! Your wonderful quilting really adds the right touch to the whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quilting, I'll have to try it on my next quilt. That backing is perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented and I'm so jealous!! I started a Christmas quilt and only have about 12 inches left to quilt and then bind it and I haven't yet! I'm so ashamed! Maybe it'll be ready for next Christmas. I love yours and your quilting is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 😍 love the quilt! I need to get busy everybody is posting all the finishes they have. The holidays for me and quilting is not possible. Maybe now that everything is over I can get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks amazing...did you quilt this on a home machine or a long arm?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Quilting!! Love Organic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilting looks great! I love this pattern. I did this class as well and am planning to make the Granny Squares quilt this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your quilting. And the quilt back - these sheeps are sooo cute! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the quilting. It may be taking forever, but it looks absolutely a.ma.zing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The time spent quilting is paying off! Love that wavy line quilting! Are you using your walking foot or free motion?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that turned out gorgeous. Love the dense quilting and the fabric with sheep on a field of bright happy green with a ring of flowers is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your wavy quilting, it gives such texture to your quilt. I found you through Lets Be Social. Glad you linked up

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilting is beautiful. I really love that backing fabric. Is it still available?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the quilt and quilting. It's looking great.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...