Beginning a new year...Part 1

January 8, 2015

I love the freshness of a new year, don't you? It's a time to reflect on the year gone by and look ahead to the new year. I can categorize last year with one word, messy. My blog was messy, my life was messy and my house was messy. I am a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants gal by nature. Impulsive describes me well. Sometimes it works well for me, other times? Not so much. I also tend to zone in on something and the world around fades away, which means that the things that need taken care of don't get done, because I forget. I get distracted easily and then forget what I was working on in the first place. Think, mop in the middle of the kitchen when hubby gets home at 5 in the afternoon because I got distracted earlier in the day and forgot to finish the mopping. True story...

 I adore my iPhone and in many ways it has made my life simpler! However, I have found that I need to physically write down and see what is on my to-do list to stay on top of things that need to be done at home and at work. That's why I decided to spend my Christmas money on an Erin Condren Life Planner to aid me in my effort to be more organized.



I'll give updates on how it is working for me as the year progresses.  =)

I also bought some new pens, fun washi tape and stickers to add some extra pretties to my new planner. =) 


With my purchase, I was given a referral link to share. When using my referral link, you will get $10 off your purchase at Erin Condren, and she sells more than just Life Planners.  In return, when using my referral link, I will also receive $10 credit in my account for a future purchase. 

My referral link to ErinCondren.com.

What are the ways you use to help you to stay more organized?

Have a Happy Thursday!!




6 comments:

  1. That planner is gorgeous!!! Let me know if it works for you - the only time I don't lose my list is when I put it on my phone, lol. Of course, then I forget to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy, that is so pretty! I have to say I am a little OCD about organization. I have lists all the time. I even write a note to myself to make a list! When I go to bed I set small goals for the next day. If I do more great! I get to put a line through something on my list. I think sometimes we do so much it gets all jumbled up in our brain, hence I love lists. You will enjoy them too! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosemary B here
    ^^^ um, yeah, I am like Jane. Lists are my life line. However this past two years with mom and dad both 91 and I am taking care of them about 50% of the time, I live each day differently. I always have to change plans if something comes up (Like dad broke a tooth on his denture)
    But, I must have a calendar. I actually have TWO one big one on the wall (desk size) with lots of room for lots of appointments and things to do, then my desk calendar that is supposed to match. i have just always worked with two calendars. The smaller one I could shove in my bag if necessary and bring to the oldsters apartment
    You got a lot of great stuff.
    Funny how some of us need lists and what ever other tools to keep our life in a productive state, and others like to just fly by the seat of their pants haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops. Had to redo this as I made a typo that made it say the opposite of what I intended!

    I didn't do well with to-do lists on my cell phone. I do much better with writing things down. :-) I made lists off and on for a long time, but a couple years ago I tried out a weekly planner at the request of the lady who makes them. I am now hooked. I love that I can write out what needs to be done and, since I use erasable ink, I can move or remove things that aren't going to work out. :-) And, if I do something that wasn't on my list I write it in and mark it off. haha!

    I hope yours goes well for you. It seems like I read/heard somewhere recently that physically writing things down has been shown to increase the likelyhood of remembering whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy I'm like you - I have to physically write it down. However, I have found that when I make a grocery list it works for me to either take a picture of my list on my phone, or enter it into my notes on my phone and there I can delete each item as I pick it up. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...