New Spoonflower quilt labels

January 15, 2015

I was running low on quilt labels, so I created a new label and sent my order to Spoonflower. Never heard of Spoonflower? It is a company where you can design and create your own fabric designs, as well as wallpaper and gift wrap. Its very cool! You can also buy designs that other people have made. There is a lot to look at! 

Last time I had my labels printed on regular cotton, this time I wanted to try out their linen/cotton blend fabric. I really like the look and feel of the fabric. Their service was super quick. I ordered my fabric on January 8th and it arrived yesterday! 


The linen/cotton blend fabric is 54" wide, so in the one yard I ordered, I got 77 labels. Breaking that down, each of my labels cost a little over 35 cents each, which I think is very reasonable.  

When I am piecing the backs of my quilts, I sew them in as part of the backing. Occasionally, I finish the edges and sew them on top of the backing, but I try not to have to do that. 

Do you label your quilts? What method do you use? 



12 comments:

  1. I love your little sheep labels. I'm going to check out this site. I usually forget to label my quilts till they are totally done and then....I just leave it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link. I have been looking into printing my own with my printer. They look neat. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. i confess i am not much of a labeler....i now i should be better about it. if i am giving it away i try but if it is for me i usually dont. these labels are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to buy me some of those labels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that. I wanted to use spoonflower to print a recipe in my Moms handwriting to make dish towels from. I thought it would be a nice gift since my Mom has passed. have not used them yet but I think it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your labels. I have some little labels that I ordered which are kind of like a clothing label which has my name. Now if it is a big project, I love to embroider a block into the back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not know about such a service in our country. If I label my quilt, I either use fabric labels from panels, or use smaller block and embroider the label by hand or use permanent textil marker. Your labels are so pretty! Greetings. Jana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosemary B here:
    My mother is 92. All of her life, she was a maker. She made lace, embroidery clothing, EVERYTHING
    She labeled by embroidering her name and the date. She suffered a stroke. She is doing just fine, but some of her memory got jumbled and erased.
    I show her the things she made (100's upon 100s) and they are all labeled.
    Label you stuff, dear friends. Your ancestors will appreciate knowing YOU were the artist.
    I would love to create some labels that are time/wear proof. It is good to include a year, and who it was for, if you can
    Amy, yours are adorable as always

    ReplyDelete
  9. SWEEET or should I say.....BAA BAA!! very cute!! Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love this idea! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your sweet labels!

    We order the labels for our Victory Prayer quilts from Spoonflower.

    I hadn't thought of designing my own labels for my quilts, but I should give that some consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your new labels. They are so sweet! Thanks so much for reminding us about Spoonflower. I think I first heard about them from you when you got your first set of labels. Someday I would love to try it. Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...