Monday's Memory of Mom

April 28, 2008

One of the memories I have of my mom was when I was 5 years old. It involves a rocking chair,  cookies and Cinderella.



The big rocking chair belonged to my mom. The child's rocking chair is mine. She bought them both when she was pregnant with me. You can see that my chair has a few bumps and bruises. I can remember rocking my baby doll in that chair and singing, "Santa Clause is Coming to Town." I guess I sang that song a lot and drove my sister nuts. That's what baby sisters are for, right? My mom's chair looks very good for being almost 48 years old. Does that make it an antique? That's a horrible thought! 
  
My sis, who is 6 years older than me, made Russian Tea cookies one night. I remember they had Fruit Loops in them. I wonder if there was a recipe on the Fruit Loops box or something. Well, being the original cookie monster, I ate way too many and I got...Ummm...sick. Ick! 

My mom held me on her lap as she rocked me in her rocking chair. I can almost hear her heartbeat beating against my ear....We were watching Cinderella on TV. The one with Leslie Ann Warren. To this day when I watch that movie, I remember my mom rocking me and the Russian Tea cookies that made me sick. 

When I had my daughter, my mom passed the rocking chair on to me. One day, it will go to her when she has her first baby. :o)  

Oh, in case you are wondering...To this day, I've NEVER again eaten a Russian Tea cookie and I never will. Ick!!


4 comments:

  1. My Heart For Him (Jesus)Monday, April 28, 2008

    such a sweet memory :)
    and so wonderful you will be able to pass that on to your dd someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet memory, and such a sweet story, Amy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn@A Mixed BouquetTuesday, April 29, 2008

    Great memory! Isn't wonderful remember them and having a written account for your kids?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to print just your Mom's Memories and bind them in a book of some sort. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...