Chick Flicks

May 27, 2008

I am married to a man who loves the great outdoors. He loves to fish, hunt, kayak and camp. Every year, he takes a trip or two to be with the guys and do manly men things. He always invites me, however, until he figures out a way for me to have a flush toilet and internet connection, I am perfectly content to stay home. While he is gone, I go on a chick flick movie binge. Every year, my movie collection gets a bit bigger. 

My fav chick flicks: 

*Hope Floats (I'm on my 3rd copy! The soundtrack is great, too.)
 
*A Walk to Remember (I rented it during one of his hunting trips and loved it so much, I ran out to buy it and watched it two more times that week.)

*Titanic (I still hold my breath hoping Titanic will miss the ice burg. I still don't get why Jack didn't find something to float on. What's up with that??!!)

*8 Below (The first time Russ and I saw this one in the theater, we sobbed and sobbed...Great movie!)
 
*Fly Away Home
 
*Radio

*The Last Sin Eater

*Pride and Prejudice (My latest addition. Mr. Darcy...Oh, sigh!)

Please share your list of favorite chick flicks. I know I am missing some really great ones! 

I also treat myself to a large Canadian bacon and green pepper pizza from Zoey's, the BEST pizza in town. Yummy!! 

Oh, honey!!! Is it hunting season yet?? 

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen some of the ones you mentioned and will have to check them out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Floats is one of my very faves also, and I own the soundtrack, too!!

    Also like (enough to own): While You Were Sleeping, My Best Friend's Wedding, and Runaway Bride (another good soundtrack).

    I'd only watch Titanic or 8 Below if I need to cry. . . I agree that Jack should've found something that floated!

    And I've been wanting to see The Last Sin Eater, so I'm gonna get that one based on your recommendation.

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn@A Mixed BouquetTuesday, May 27, 2008

    I watch movie after movie when the guys are gone. I can't think of too many right now, but The Lake House came to mind. I have several that I keep in "my" closet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nolan got me Fly Away Home last year, cause I love it so much. I also love "I am Sam" ...... one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...