Charm bracelets

May 9, 2008

Charm bracelets are...Charming. Well, they can be. However, my first charm bracelet is anything but charming. I would say it's ugly!! I think my "favorite" ugly charm is the Apollo 15 charm. Where in the world did I get that one!? Actually a better question would be WHY did I get that one?

Left to right:
* The "A" came off a key chain belonging to my grandfather, Al.
* The state of Iowa charm probably came from the capitol when my Camp Fire group visited there. Ummm...Why would anyone want to wear a charm of a state? Ick!!
* Santa...I think I got that from my parents as a gift.
* I have no idea where I got this charm or even what the symbol is! If anyone has any idea, please let me know.
* Obviously the birthday charm is birthday gift. I don't know which one, though.
* Apollo 15. Weird...
* Huck Finn charm from a trip I took to Hannibal, MO with a friend and her family in jr. high. Again, why?!
* Camp Fire Girl's charm. Is it still only for girls?? Hmmm...

I have a brand new charm bracelet. I ordered it from Overstock.Co, and it arrived last week. I've been wanting one for years. I'd really like a 14 kt gold one, but the price is cost prohibitive and adding 14 kt gold charms make it ever more so! I wear two tone jewelry often, so maybe my bracelet will have a mix of the two metals eventually. It arrived with the silver disk and I added the bead dangle. I also added the bead dangle to the Very Special Mom charm. It was a Mother's Day gift from my older two kiddos at long, long time ago. I made the two photo charms. How I made them will be tomorrow's post. :o)



The charm I would love to add to my bracelet is this darling sheep.

I think she is adorable! You can add any bead you want for her body to personalize it. I'm asking for it for the next gift occasion. :o) Yes, I know I am weird. :o)


8 comments:

  1. Marilyn@A Mixed BouquetFriday, May 09, 2008

    It wouldn't let me paste in my URL, so I hope it works. :P

    I like both of your bracelets! I think your charms are interesting. Your dangle bead turned out cute. I have the stuff in my stash, but I haven't gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to get to your site by clicking your name, so it must work. We'll see. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I love both bracelets, too. I didn't know you were a Campfire Girl??!?!? Me too! I heard Campfire girls sometimes pushed Brownies off the swingset at school, but I NEVER did it, did you?

    This was a fun blogger theme. So, now the pressure is on to come up with another one. I'll put my thinking cap on.
    Have a great Friday!DanaO

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet theme! I've never owned a charm bracelet, but have always wanted one. Maybe I should treat myself to one.
    You gals have such sweet stories behind your own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, never pushed a brownie. I just ate them. Yummy! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't paste my URL in by right clicking, so I just used Control V.

    AnyHOO, I loved your charm bracelet post, Amy. The sheep charm is precious. As a knitter, I am also partial to sheepy things, since yarn comes from sheep, as you know (and a few other critters). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew, made it just in the nick of time!! I actually can't believe I found my jewelry box. That was fun, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always wanted a charm bracelet! I made sure my girls have them because of all the special memories they bring to mind. I've been collecting charms for them for years.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...