What my ex has in common with King Kong

May 29, 2008

I have a couple of reoccurring nightmares that cause me to sit straight up in my bed calling out in fright. One is so silly, but I will share even though I know I will be mocked. 

King Kong...Yup, I have nightmares about King Kong. As a kid, I saw the 1933 black and white King Kong version movie on TV and have been scared of him ever since. I think it's the scariest version ever made and I will not ever watch it again. When the new King Kong movie came out several years ago, I had no desire or plans to ever see it. My men had other ideas and rented it for family night. At least at home, I could leave and find something else to do if it got too intense. It wasn't too bad. The 1933 version is much scarier to me. 

My other nightmare involves my former husband...Now, to be fair, my ex husband is a nice guy. I have no animosity towards him. What happened between us is in the past and we get along just fine. HOWEVER, the thought of being married to him again is TERRIFYING!! I'm sure he feels the same way about me. *wink* My nightmare is me being forced to leave Russ and going back to my former husband.  Always in my dream, I am crying hysterically and telling my ex that I don't love him, that I love Russ and want to go be with him. I can never find Russ' phone number to call him. I try and try to get to him and can't get there.... I wake up in a cold sweat. Really! I do! And sometimes I wake up yelling, "NO!!!"...I usually have to wake Russ us to reassure me. 

I had that dream last night. My eyes flew open. In a few seconds I remembered where I was and who I was laying next to. I didn't need to wake him up this time. I prayed a prayer of thanksgiving for God blessing me with such a fine husband and then I snuggled up against his back and slept peacefully the rest of the night....

If I have a dream about King Kong tonight, I AM waking him up. A girl can handle only so much. :o)

2 comments:

  1. Marilyn@A Mixed BouquetThursday, May 29, 2008

    So, it would be mean of me to occasionally add a King Kong graphic to an email or whatever. :P

    Seriously, I've had a couple somewhat similar nightmares. They are so realistic!

    Praying that you have sweet dreams tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreams are so bizarre! I can never figure mine out, well, actually, I don't try that hard. : )

    Maybe if you count sheep before you fall asleep that's what you'll dream about!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...