May Day or Training a Knight

May 2, 2008

Last night, rather late in the evening, the front door bell rang. The boys ran out to see who it was and saw no one. We assumed some youngins in the neighborhood were playing "ding-dong ditch it" a game I have only heard about and never played myself when I was a youngin. *wink*

Not long afterwards, my Laurie called and asked, "So, how did it go on your end?" I was totally confused! She told me to go look on my front porch. Did you know if your porch light is burned out, it's hard to see in the dark? I looked all over for "something." Nothing...Then, I spied something nestled in the daffodil foliage....

I hollered for Reagan to quickly come see. I acted concerned and said to him, "What is that in the garden?" He bent over to see what I was pointing at and kept backing up just a bit whenever I backed up. What a great knight in shining armor he's going to be. *giggle* When I encouraged him to get a closer look, his bravery kicked in. The knight's reward?? 

Ta Da!!!! May Day treats from Nevin!! 

The best part was Nevin getting on the phone and telling me how it went from his end. Boy, was he excited! He kept saying, "My heart is beating hard!" He had quite the adrenaline rush being sneaky and delivering May Day treats in Me-Me's garden. 

You can read Nevin's account of the evening on his blog, I Am Nevin. 

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like great fun was had by all on both ends! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn@A Mixed BouquetFriday, May 02, 2008

    What fun! I will have to check out Nevin's blog in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of sneaking May Day treats into someone's garden! I've learned something new. I absolutely loved Nevin's story too!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...