Fun Saturday

March 14, 2010

Rutabaga's Canoecopia was this last weekend. Rusty went up on Friday with some friends. I drove up with Naomi, a friend from church (who doesn't seem to mind that I could be her mother), on Saturday. Naomi and I spent a couple of hours looking around.  She at the kayaks, and I focused on buying the things I specifically came for, wicking t-shirts and some new Chacos {my feet are stylin'}.



Then the fun began. Naomi and I booked outta there and checked out the Goodwill stores! Woot! They have some super nice Goodwill stores in Madison. All the clothing was organized by color and size!! I was able to find some cute tops for this summer. 

Okay...

Enough of that...Time for me to get to the point.

Look at these wonderful Fire King dishes in the Fleurette pattern I found! I gasped out loud when I saw them sitting on the shelf. I debated about a nano second on whether to just get one of each or the whole set....I'm glad I bought them all. I'm going to keep an eye out and see if I can collect more pieces off the set. 


Two of the cups are smaller and more dainty. Its kind of hard to see by the picture, but the one on the left is smaller and different from the one on the right. I am assuming the smaller ones belong to the snack tray set.  



Another treasure I found was this beautiful blue Pyrex divided dish with the lid. The color makes me happy. 


Naomi and I have big plans to travel around to other cities to visit their Goodwill stores and other thrift shops. It's fun having a friend who loves to go as much as I do. :o) 

You know? It's almost scary how much I am like my mom sometimes. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the Pyrex. They are so hard to find with the lids. I'm always on the look out for these!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...