Childhood Memories Friday

April 3, 2009

Rs Childhood Memories large


Growing up, there was an unwritten rule that we could raid the change jar on my Daddy's dresser top. It was a a race between my brother and I to get there first.

As I was pondering about this memory I began to dissect it out a bit.

I never took the change if Daddy was in the room. That seemed wrong. He never just handed it to me. So, in essence, I was stealing from him, right?

However, if he allowed it and knew placing the change on his dresser was an open invitation for me to take it, was it really stealing? If he didn't want me to take it, wouldn't he have told me? I need to ask Daddy and get his viewpoint. :)

In my home, we have several change jars. I'm the only one raids them. Old habits die hard, I guess.

Come join us on Childhood Memories Friday.

2 comments:

  1. No stealing if he allowed it, is my thought! My step dad would let me keep all the money in one of those big water jugs as long as I counted and rolled it myself. That's pretty exciting as a young kid. LOL Good memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I would have loved the thrill of "available change" as a child :) I love your memory!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...