My first acupuncture visit

April 13, 2009

I had my first visit today to help with my migraines. I need to go in a few more times. This first time, I had to go in the middle of one. I can't drive or talk coherently in the middle of a migraine, and this one was BAD one!! Russ took me, filled out the paper work and answered most other questions. The doctor was so kind. He took one look at the back of my neck and said it was obvious it was a very bad one because my neck was so tight.

I forgot my camera....Next time, I'm taking one. ;)

It didn't help right away...He said it could take a couple of hours to take affect and told me go home, take my migraine medicine and rest. I slept all afternoon and woke up pain-free, though I am groggy from the medicine I took to help me sleep.

Next time I need to go in before my cycle and before the pain hits.

I am so far behind on my blog replying. I read all the posts over the last few days, I just couldn't respond. Rest assured, I am impressed with the bird pictures, the quilt studios, the moving piece on Easter from the perspective of different years....And so much more....

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! Would this be something you'd have to do on a regular basis or after a few visits only come in here and there for a tune-up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He said it could take 2 or 3 visits to take care of them and then I think I'll need tune ups every now and again.

    Only a couple of them hurt a bit as they hit a nerve. But honestly, if he came in with a sledge hammer and said, "Here, this will help if I hit you in the head," I'd say, "Bring it!" They hurt that badly that I would try anything to get the pain to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you suffer from migraines, but glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I hope you continue to get help from this doc. Sounds like it's what you need to control the pain. Take care!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, I hope this acupuncture works for you. It sounds so scary, but I understand that kind of pain where you'd be willing to try anything to make it go away. I'm blessed not to have migraines very often at all.

    I'm behind on blogging, reading, and commenting myself, but with no good excuse!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...