My bathtub is C.L.E.A.N!

May 22, 2009

This will make sense, so hang in there. :o)

I have had 3 adjustments by the chiropractor this week and it's going well. I'm sore, but nothing too horrible. He placed me on some supplements and I do seems to be feeling better. I have more energy and people have commented that I look like I feel better. I think I am less scatterbrained, too. I have a lot of tightness in my upper back/neck area and that's where they do a lot of work to try to get it to relax more.

One of the things that he recommended I do, and I think it's goofy, is to take two baths a week in epsom salts and one bath with 1 quart of vinegar. It's supposed to help pull the toxins out of my body. Whatever...Last night I soaked in the vinegar. As I was soaking, I noticed that the bathtub began to feel slimy. I was pretty grossed out and didn't soak for as long as I was supposed to. What I discovered is that vinegar removes soap scum! I have been searching for years to find a product to get my bathtub clean with out killing myself and my back. Nothing really worked, so I don't clean it as often as I should because of the chemical fumes and it hurts my back to lean over the edge and scrub. I used a bit of Comet cleanser and lightly scrubbed the tub and it looks brand new! It's so clean it squeaks!! I have no idea if the vinegar helped my body or not, but it sure made my bathtub clean!

7 comments:

  1. It kicked me out of your site once, but I tried again...guess we won't be getting as many visitors to our sites because they still haven't resolved this problem with Blogspot.

    Anyway, have heard about the vinegar and now will try it on my shower stall...still hope it helped you more than your tub!

    blessings,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could handle the smell of vinegar, I would try that

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL That's funny. I would have assumed you'd need way more vinegar than a quart to loosen stuff in a tub. Good to know you don't need that much!

    What is interesting is reading this makes it the second time today someone mentioned taking an Epsom salt bath. What are the odds of that? Is someone trying to tell me something? I guess I'll pick some up next visit to the market.

    I'm happy to hear you are feeling better. I hope it keeps moving forward for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is good to know...I'm going on a cleaning spree as soon as school gets out!! Have a great weekend. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard vinegar is THE cleaning agent! Who knew it would work on you and the tub simultaneously ;-)

    I use a Mr. Clean magic eraser to clean my tub and it works well, although it sounds like your vinegar was much easier ;-)

    Hope your adjustments are really helping those headaches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna try the vinegar on my tub first, then I want to try that detox bath. Couldn't hurt; might really be beneficial. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard it has a 1001 uses! I'll remember to put some in the spray bottle. I bet a spray following each bath would do the job. Chemical sprays give me headaches and I know they aren't as bad as your headaches.

    I have an article of the calming effects of Epsom Salts. I found it on a speech site and some moms were discussing the positive outcomes on their SI kids. I think that I may have emailed it to you, but it's been a long time. I need to read the article and consider it for Mr. B.

    Hope you're better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...