Create

July 3, 2012

Yesterday morning, I got out of bed at 6:30, quickly ran a comb through my hair and put it up in a haphazard pony, brushed my teeth, grabbed a hot cup of coffee and locked myself up in my sewing room. Other than a couple breaks to eat and go to the bathroom, I stayed in my room until 11:30 last night. 

It's true...

I'm trying to decide if I should be embarrassed or not by that admission....

Here is the reason why. 


The creative juices were flowing.


It was like a flood and I had to keep going and going. 


No, I don't think I will be embarressed. After all, God created us in His likeness and one of those ways we are all like Him is our ability to be creative and to create. 

When I am being creative, I feel closer to God. 

And, when I am being creative, I thank Him for Jesus is the one Who gave me the ability to create. 

All glory and honor go to Him and to Him alone....

Genesis 1:1,31a “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth… And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.”

Isaiah 40:26, 28 “Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth. Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.”

Psalm 104: 24-25 “How many are your works, O Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. There is the sea, vast and spacious, teeming with creatures beyond number-living things both large and small.” 



14 comments:

  1. Thank you for the scriptures! I AGREE. Or, I guess I could say "Amen!"
    Ah, so you were drawn in by those pretty double dresdens, too! I love the way your creativity flowed on into a scene, complete with little peaks on the ground. Beautiful Inspiration! Yippee for days we can sew to our heart's content ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN and AMEN!
    What a beautiful quilt! (or wall-hanging!) When God's Spirit moves us, we need to respond!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!!! This is just so wonderfully cute!! I just love it. And I love the prairie points in the grass. Such a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I know exactly what you mean by not being able to stop working! It's the creative artsy quilts like this one that make it so easy to keep wanting to finish! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is beautiful. More beautiful however are your comments regarding our creativity and the Bible verses you shared and God's awesome ability that created everything. I will never look at my creativeness the same again. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amém.Eu te amo de verdade!!!Beijos nesse coração abençoado.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Amy this is so amazing. i love how you used the prairie points....it is stunning. What fun that you had the chance to just shut yourself in and create something wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow again! God gave you a whammy on that one. Just so pretty...hope you enter it in a quilt show or online contest or something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we could arrange an intervention for your new obsessive compulsive tendencies but...if you come out of the sewing room with something that cute every time we'll let it go for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a beautiful quilt! I really love it Amy!! Great job! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how Cute! I've been wanting to do a flower wall hanging for some time now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love those dresdans. great quilt indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amy - A beautiful work of art! It is truely lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...