Much better...

July 7, 2012

Thank you all for the prayers and get well wishes. I am much better today. =) 

While I was down and out, a package came in the mail. I participated in my first ever swap a couple of months ago. It was a rainbow charm swap. They had me at rainbow. 


But these lovelies need to be put away for now. I have a dress to finish for a certain beautiful girl who is turning 5! How did that happen?? 

For those who are new friends, Brooklyn is a story. I'll make it short. Brooklyn is the daughter of my oldest son. He and his then girlfriend, decided to place Brooklyn up for adoption. Brooklyn's parents, Jen and Steve, wanted an open adoption, so we get to see her as often as we can. They are raising her to love Jesus and that makes my heart soar with joy....As you can see, Brooklyn has a bit of a dramatic flair. Many of her birth dad's pictures have him mugging the camera in the same way. I find that so funny...


Along with the dress to finish before we go see Brooklyn in a few weeks, I am participating in the Bowls With Borders Blog Hop coming up in August. I want to get that project started...AND, on the 3rd Thursday this month (July 19th) we will be having our first show and share of our Farmer's Wife quilts blocks! 

I am grateful that I get to do these fun things. I am so very blessed...

15 comments:

  1. So glad you woke up feeling better! That's always a good start to the day. Brooklyn looks adorable, and yes, I can see the drama in that pose! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are feeling better.
    One of the fun things about adoption is that we can see some surprising things that we might have been more likely to attribute to nurture than genetics. I'm so glad you get to see your granddaughter--makes both your lives richer, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a package in the mail to help you feel better!!! Love the fabrics!! How much fun to enjoy your granddaughter...and so glad you're feeling better.

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better!!
    Also...so glad you can be part of your granddaughter's life. She is a darling. Have fun with that dress! And enjoy that visit! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Brooklyn is growing up fast. You are all blessed with the open adoption. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad that you are feeling better...those charms are so cute....but not as cute as your grandaughter. she is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should be able to make it over there this week and do some ruffling. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy! Glad you're feeling better. Wow, this is such a wonderful story to read - a true blessing that your granddaugter can be part of your life! God is so good! Happy sewing on that little dress you're going to make! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amy, so glad to hear you are feeling better. Grand-daughters are a very special blessing and I think it's wonderful you are getting to see yours. She's adorable, not a bit camera shy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are feeling better! Your granddaughter is so adorable!! Happy weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry you've been down and out girlie! Take care of yourself.
    That is such a precious story about Brooklyn! She's lucky to have you in her life too! It's a two way street!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear you are feeling better. I've only had a handful of migraines in my lifetime, but each one left my head numb for the next day or so. So sorry you have to deal with them. :-( On a brighter note, that is a darling photo! Enjoy the preparation in anticipation of seeing Booklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a treat! Your dear Brooklyn is a beacon of joy and I'm glad you are feeling better. What a fun package to get in the mail ... rainbows :) Sweet! Take care of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good afternoon, Amy ~

    I am sorry to hear that you were in so much pain you wound up in the ER. I am suffer from migraines and they can be horrible. I am so glad you are feeling better though! :> )

    Brooklyn is such a sweetie. What a blessing that her parents are teaching her to love the Lord. What precious parents they are, allowing you to be a part of Brooklyn's life.

    I pray you continue to feel better!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amy I am so glad you feel much better. What a sweet story about Brooklyn. She looks like a sweetie so glad you get to be in her life.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...