Home again...

July 22, 2012

We had a great weekend visiting our granddaughter. =)

I scored huge grandma points by giving Brooklyn two giant bags of marshmallows, the same kind you get in cereal, but without the cereal. {Yeah, baby....}


We spent time in Sioux Falls, SD at Falls Park. 

Grandpa Russ and his girl...

Grandma's girl...

The Blue Angels were performing at an air show in town and flew right over our heads several times. It was awesome!





We toured the Sertoma Butterfly House and Marine Cove.  



I have to admit, what scored some big points with me was the fact that one of the nicest quilt shops I have ever had the privilege to shop in happens to be less than a block away from Brooklyn's house!! I am not kidding!!

Crafty Corner Quilt and Sewing Shoppe will be seeing a lot of me in the future. I was treated like a queen. =) Make sure you check out their web site. The place was huge, with a huge clearance section and the ladies that work there were so, so nice. They told me about another quilt shop I must go see next time we head their way. I was impressed that they were willing to talk up another store. 


I hope you all had a great weekend, too! 


13 comments:

  1. A wonderful memory making weekend! I love the fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time! I have to laugh about the marshmallows. My Dad would always gave my kids a 3 lb bag of cookies. Big points!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage print fabrics there Tootsie! What 'cha got in mind for that???

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously where did you get those marshmallows??? my kids would die!!! looks like you had a wonderful time together. love the pictures....the one of Russ and Brooklyn resting on the bench is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, what memories you made, not to mention brownie points! Nice pics..thanks for sharing.
    Glad you had such a nice visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE marshmallows, and I am so happy you had a wonderful time. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to get over here to see your blog. You're from Iowa!

    Love all that cereal, Amy.:)

    That fabric makes me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me again...

    I've been peeking at your quilts, Amy, and they're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful weekend you had with your sweet granddaughter!! Too cute she is!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you enjoyed your weekend visiting your granddaughter...what fun!! And your fabrics are terrific can't wait to see what you make with it.

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to live in Pensacola, Florida where the Blue Angels are based. Aren't they wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yea! Grandma time! Glad the weekend was fun!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...