Vintage Modern

July 19, 2012


 I have been wanting Vintage Modern by Bonnie and Camille since before it was released. It mixes and matches well with Bonnie and Camille's earlier lines, Bliss and Ruby. One of these days I need to stop hoarding open up them all up and make something...Several somethings! 

The truth is, I wasn't going to buy any of this line. I'm trying not to buy more fabric when I have fabric in my closet waiting to be used and I just bought Flea Market Fancy. I have more than enough to keep me busy for a long while. I don't want to be greedy. 

But then...a sale happened...

A sale at Burgundy Buttons, one of my favorite shops, no less. The sale sent me over the edge and I bought it. They were less than $24 each! That was a deal I couldn't refuse. =) 

Right now, Leah has a Christmas in July sale going on until the 31st. When I am looking for a particular fabric, her shop is one of the first ones I check. 

I guess, while I am at it, I'll share the other places where I like to get my fabric. 

 Green Fairy Quilts: They have great prices on the precuts, including pre-orders for lines coming out and they now carry Riley Blake fabric lines, too. =)  Etsy and Fabric.com are two other great places to find fabric at good prices. 

Of course, I support my local quilt shop, as well.

Where do you like to buy your fabric? On line or at your local quilt shop or both? Do you have favorite on line stores where you like to shop? Please share! 

*disclaimer...Do I need to write one?....I was not paid or compensated in any way for writing this post. Although, if any of them wanted to send me a surprise, I wouldn't refuse. ;-) 

I'll be back with a new post with the name of my give away winner. =) 

16 comments:

  1. Amy, Vintage Modern is so cheerful, I have a stack in my sewing room that I won and I just bought 2 charm packs, so you mustn't feel alone. It does go well with many other fabric lines as well. Maybe for a future stitching QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Amy, I agree it is a great new line of fabric..So fun and fresh. I purchase fabric from Fabric.com, watch Fat Quarter Shop & Green Fairy Shop for sales, and local shops when I am able to get to one. I like checking out on line shops that are suggested by blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Amy I shop at those all those shops as well as Connecting Threads just ordered from from Fabric.com yesterday and Burgundy Buttons two days ago. My local quilt shop is over an hour away from my house. Guess what I bought? That's right I bought Vintage Modern yardage from Burgundy Buttons to go with my jelly roll I will be making a sampler quilt with my vintage modern out of the book Jelly Roll Sampler Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott. For guild of course! Got the book on sale from Connecting Threads. I love Vintage Modern as well as Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we don't have any local quilt shops so it is WalMart and Joanns. When I get a chance to go on a road trip, I go to Keepsake in NH. But that is a hike. Good thing as it helps me to keep my stash under control. I have ordered some online too from various places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like some of the patterns of fabrics in Walmart, but they are not the same quality as say, Joann's or other shops. I have seen pretty fabrics on sale at Craftsy.com and Etsy.com also. And, I MUST have Vintage Modern. If I could just find some extra change...
    Thanks, Amy, for the fun post. I added all the shops to my favorites. Now about that sewing machine...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice try on the free surprise gift, Amy. ;-) The fabric is beautiful. I love looking at it on your site and in the stores. Right now I just wish there were somewhere, ANYwhere, that sold cotton interlock knits in cute kid prints. They used to be everywhere, but now they're not making them in this country so they're impossible to find. Glad you found that gorgeous fabric on sale. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with Vintage Modern. But I do not have any (yet)! I have the Ruby line, and I too think Vintage Modern would be a great companion. There are just so many beautiful fabric lines out there. I do not usually order online. I mostly try to support my LQS, but I do have to wait for sales. Unfortunately they do not carry a lot of the lines that I LOVE!!! Here is Florida the LQS tends to feature mostly batiks and tropical fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh....you have me drooling.....I can not buy more fabric...I need to repeat this to myself over and over.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this line!! So pretty, and can't wait to see your quilt you make with it!! ;) xo heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. I signed up for the Fat Quarter Shop's BOM as it is using Vintage Modern and I had heard they send you very generous pieces of fabric to use - and they do!!! I'd almost have enough to make 2 blocks each month!! Score for the stash ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm blessed with lots of LQS' in the Chicagoland area, so, I seldom buy fabric online. We have shop hops several times a year, and, I try to wait until then, and see what I need/can get at the LQS'. We won't even mention my stash in the basement (that may never get used). I thought of you earlier today. I saw the cutest little sheep, and it reminded me of you. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just too gorgeous, wow. I can see why you wanted it, lol! One of my favorite places is connectingthreads.com, or fatquartershop.com. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a pretty line of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love that Vintage Modern line. I don't have a nice quilt shop close to me, but enjoy visiting stores as I travel about the USA. There are a couple quilt stores in the next county. I also order from Keepsake Quilting and Hancocks.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...