Fabric addiction

January 26, 2009

My fabric stash is growing. The best part, except for a couple pieces, everything you see I purchased at Goodwill or the Salvation Army. It's like a treasure hunt every time I go.

I've also been learning more and more about my new-to-me Viking sewing machine. I've learned that I need the other 3 stitch cassettes in order to really sew. At this time, I can only sew with the stitch that is preprogrammed in, which is basically a straight stitch. But, it's better than nothing, right? :o) My step dad is still struggling greatly with losing my mom...He knows there are things that go with the machine that I need, so I am trying to be understanding and patient. I confess, it's not easy...

9 comments:

  1. Your fabric stash is so neat, it's shameful.... oh wait, that's my fabric stash - the messy pile...

    Good job on your thrift store finds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a bit obsessive about having it all folded and neat. I also don't have very much, so it's easy to keep it organized. I won't mention my temptation to organize them according to size....*blush*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have so enjoyed my visit here. From your fabric stash (really love that little cowboy piece) to blessing your husband to memories of your mom and your quilt .... it is been a delight to share a few moments with you.

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the cowboy fabric? Flannel. 88 cents. I HAD to have it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you can get fabric at Goodwill- as soon as this snow goes away I am going! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very welcome. :o) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every girl needs a stash. Mine happens to be yarn. Bin after sweet bin of it!!! I need to shop my bins BEFORE I shop the stores.

    Blessings,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have any great plans for this great collection? I'll admit I rarely will part with fabric. My stash is pretty big too.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...