Things In My House Thursday

January 22, 2009

RS small TIMHT

This is my very favorite book from my childhood. The copy right is 1946, 14 years prior to my birth, so I don't know where it came from for sure. Maybe it belonged to my sister. All I know is that it has always been my favorite book. I love the font they used on the cover, however, what I love the most is the precious artwork used through out the book. Look at the precious rosy cheeks and chubby legs.

This is the inside cover. Do they even have teeter-totters on playgrounds anymore??

If I could, I would take pictures of every page. They are all darling. I think they would look so cute framed in a child's room.

I keep the book on the top of my ribbon bulletin board. I enjoy looking at it. Next time Brooklyn comes over, I'll have to get it down and read it to her. :o)

Come join us for Things In My House Thursday and share your stuff!!

8 comments:

  1. How cute! The photos seem so familiar; especially the wading in the brook one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had this book for Charlotte!

    The pictures are the best; simple, colorful, appealing.

    Thanks for joining TIMHT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that IS sweet! It has such a wholesome look; very different from most books now. I love that you still have it, and that it is such good condition too. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures too. Simplicity-just the way one's childhood should be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh...I did a search and found a few of these books on Ebay!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love old books like that. That's why I collect old readers--mainly for the sweet pictures. Who is the illustrator?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dean Bryant is the illustrator. I googled him, but didn't come up with anything.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...