Unveiling THE surprise(s)

January 14, 2009

I have this sinking feeling that I may have talked about Brooklyn's and Jen's surprise a bit too much. Much like when you tell someone a joke and set it up by telling them it's really, really funny and then...the joke falls flat.

But who cares...I'm sharing anyway. ;o)

Ta da!! It's an apron for Brooklyn to wear when she cooks with mommy or for gardening or painting. It's kind of hard to see, but the neck strap also has velcro, so she can put it on and take it off herself.

I had to make one for Jen, so phase two is her apron. Jen doesn't need velcro. *wink*

I got the inspiration from My Byrd House. And why denim?? Because my mom loved denim and so do I. :o)

The best place to get denim is the thrift shops and get the ones that are rock bottom priced. The denim jeans for Jen's apron were marked down to 50 cents and they looked like they had never been worn. I paid a bit over $5 for Brooklyn's denim jeans. I bought child's jeans for hers and it was more difficult to find a pair that wasn't stained or worn out at the bottom of the legs.

This is the apron I would love to learn how to make. I think it's darling!! I need a wee bit of help deciphering the instructions, though.

If you decide to make an apron, let me know. I would love to see your handiwork! :o)

2 comments:

  1. As I've mentioned before, they are adorable! You are as talented as your mom and you are beginning to realize it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so cute! I would love to see a close up of the embroidery!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...