Things In My House Thursday ~ revised

January 8, 2009

RS small TIMHT

Update: My Laurie stopped in this morning and she went "ga ga" over the tablecloth and requested I save it for her for someday. Well, that would not do, I took it off the table that instant and handed it to her. Now, it's no longer a thing in my house and it's giving me more joy now than it did when it was here.

*********************

I have tried and tried to get pictures uploaded, then I would get distracted (I am almost sure I am ADD) and then I would remember and try again and still they wouldn't upload. That's been my whole day!!

But now, finally, my contribution is ready for all to see. I will confess, I have owned this piece for less than two hours. I went shopping at the Salvation Army and found this treasure for $1.47. My mom would be so proud!! Except for a few small yellowish stains, this hand embroidered tablecloth is in perfect condition. The handwork is exquisite!! Can you imagine all the hours that it took to create it??


Here is a close up of one of the sections.


Here is a close up of the back of it. I can only dream of my work looking that good on the back of my embroidedery creations.



Come join us for Things In My House Thursday and share your stuff!!



8 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! Only $1.47? Doncha just love thrift stores?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beyond a bargain! It is so beautiful - but oh, the hours and the skill and the care that went into that piece.... and it ended up at a thrift store. How perfect that you found it, so it can be cherished and appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a bargain for such a lovely piece. I love finding treasures like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what the creator of that lovely tablecloth was living through as she made that work of art? Was it a gift? An heirloom? Teaching someone in her family how to do it?
    I wonder where she is now too! :)

    Someday, I am going to try to get in on the things in my house Thursdays! I always seem to check it on Fridays!! Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thanks for sharing that beautiful tablecloth. What a bargain that was!!

    When I lived in NJ, I used to belong to an Embroidery Guild. It was a great learning experience as I was just starting out and most of the ladies in that group were older and more experienced. One of the things they always did when I showed them what I was working on, was to turn it over and inspect the back. They were adamant that the backs should look as good as the fronts! It's a lesson I've never forgetten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is awesome! Having stitched myself, I am shocked you were able to pick up such a laborious piece for so cheap. I'm glad it found a home where it's detail is appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...