Early Anniversary gift

April 24, 2010

This August, Russ and I will be celebrating 10 years of wedded bliss. ❤ {sigh}  

Look at what he bought for me today! A Juki TL98Q Professional. Wowza...I can't wait for it to get here!



Warning! Rant ahead....

There is a Viking dealer across town. I went to the store last week and looked around. I own a Viking, so it's natural that would be my first stop. Here is the deal. If I go to a store and get ignored for over 15 minutes and as an after thought, one of the workers interrupts her conversation with another worker to say, "Oh, did you need help with anything?" I won't buy...Just sayin'. :-/

I guess while I am being cranky, the same goes to the LQS in town that will not lower themselves to talk to me when I come in the store. No Bernina for me.

Rant over...

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you aren't the only one with this treatment lately. Which is really to bad. They shouldn't be dealers if they are that lacks in there approach. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad, isn't it, Chris?

    I truly don't like to rant/complain, but seriously...

    I am grateful that there is another LQS where I am treated like family and they are glad to see me walk in the door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you recommend this machine for a beginning quilter ? I do not want all the bells and whistles of so many of the machines today - I want to sew nice clean seams on quilt tops and do somme quilting myself

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to love it. I have a Bernina 220 that I use for piecing but for machine quilting I prefer my Jukie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Lisa - Thanks! I am so excited to get it and try it out!

    @ Barbara - I call myself a beginning quilter and I bought one. :-D Take that for what it's worth. I've been sewing/quilting for just over a year. My Viking Platinum 770 has a lot of bells and whistles and I love it, but lately I wanted a machine that did one thing and one thing only...A beautiful straight stitch. This one meets the desire, along with a larger work area to quilt larger quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOO HOO..........What a hubby! What a beautiful machine that is. Just thinking of all the BEAUTIFUL quilts that will be coming from it! I just love the larger work area. :> )

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! I can't wait to hear about all the fun you will have with your new machine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thrilled for you! What a great hubby you have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the new machine and your anniversary! I've heard great things about that Juki... plus it looks SO cool!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...