My vintage sheets

April 19, 2010

I don't have many and a couple aren't vintage, but I liked them. For example, the first pillowcase in the 2nd row. My favorite one in this picture would have to be the pillowcase in top row far right. And as I say that, I must confess that I love them all...



I almost hate to cut them....Even though a couple of these sheets have holes that were repaired in areas and will need to be fussy cut. I will be brave and cut them sometime. Some I will leave whole to use as a quilt backing, however. 






We had this one when I was growing up. It's so buttery soft. I was able to score two of them at a thrift shop. 



With spring here and people cleaning out their closets, I hope to get more as they make their way into the thrift stores.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Amy~

    I just love old sheets and pillow cases. Oh, the memories!

    I have a couple I have been saving for quilts and I can't wait to use them!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! How fun! I went to the thrift shop today to look for VS and found a cool pillowcase. Stop by my blog to check it out!

    Thanks for posting about VS yesterday, I had never thought about this stuff before!

    Jan
    www.anotherhatchettjob.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...