Love to learn

April 20, 2010

Do you  love to learn? That was one of my main goals as a homeschooling mom was for my kids to love to learn. If I had to rate my success, I would say, with God's grace, I was successful in that area. It was quite easy, actually, because I love to learn and they have watched me get excited about learning new things.

A couple of years ago, it was learning about web site design and then learning how to manipulate my blog. It's not unusual to see me studying the source codes of web sites so I can see how they do the things they do on their web sites. I think it's interesting. I went on to learn a bit about Photoshop Elements. I have so much more to learn in all those areas and I continue to pick things up here and there.

More recently, my children watched  me learn how to sew and quilt, which has been such a thrill. I feel like I am finally in my element and I often wonder what took me so long to start!

Now, I have another new thing I am going to learn, thanks to a dear friend at church....Judy, and she knows how to make soap. I've always wanted to learn that skill!

Next thing you know, I will be a wheat grinding, herb growing, yogurt making momma...Not...But you never know. {wink}

5 comments:

  1. Bar soap or laundry soap? I had bought the ingredients for laundry soap - washing soda, borax and Fels Naptha bar soap. They're still sitting on the shelf until I get the urge to grate the bar soap ....

    I'll be interested to hear how your soap-making goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bar soap. I've been making laundry soap for years with the same ingredients you have! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, what's wrong with making yogurt? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! The more I learn about you, the more I see we have in common. Should I be scared? lol

    Blessings, my friend~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...