Who was she?

April 17, 2010

Photobucket


I found the dress at the Salvation Army last night. I can't help but wonder who the woman was who wore it. 

I took over 20 pictures to try to get one that would capture the color, but never succeeded. It's a green color, not blue. Someday, this fabric will wind up in a quilt. It fits perfect with the 1930's reproduction fabric lines that are out there. At least, I think so. 



Information about my dress from Sandi:

...the dress is definitely an older style pattern. However, the fabric might not be that old. When I looked at the photo with the design close-up, I could really see it....What you'll find is that the little hearts really didn't show up til the 70's and 80's. This is what makes me think that your dress is likely from the 70's but made with an older pattern...

I thank Sandy for her input!! She is definitely more knowledgeable than I am! {grin}

4 comments:

  1. I just love the name of your blog. :-) I'm a native Iowan. I can offer some info on your dress. Send me an e-mail at stitchinglegacy (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post and thank you for joining me on "Quilt Show Saturday" Hope to see you each week ! ! Your blog is GREAT! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY sweet, and even though it is a newer print, it has the same "feel" as the 30s prints. Go more for the same feel because sometimes true vintage fabrics have a more modern feel than new prints that aren't even reproductions. Go with what feels right to you...ENJOY your fabrics.
    I have a true print from the 1800s that is SO EXTREME modern looking...WILD!
    Xenia Cord (professional dater of fabrics, and book author on the topic) goes to my guild and teaches us some.
    L~

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...